- Once received, please Inspect your order carefully throughout the installation process and handling be careful not to damage the corners and finished surface of the tiles.
- Store material in a dry area. Moisture can cause the tiles to fade or stained color from moisture coming through from the bottom of the tile.
- Cement Tile, is subject to color and tonal variations and may require blending of tiles. For best results, we recommend to shuffle tile from different boxes during installation to achieve a uniform effect. Allow interior tiles to adjust in their final environment prior to installation.
- Tiles are a cement-based product and may have residue on the surface. This will be removed during the cleaning and buffing after the installation. Using a sponge, wet the back of the tile completely to enable the thin set to adhere to the tile.
- Install over level, flat and stable surface or suitable stable sub-floor.Wall installation on drywall is acceptable as well.
- Use a high quality thin-set adhesive (such as Laticrete or Mapei product). Follow adhesive manufacturer's instructions. Cement Tiles are not intended for installation with large quantities of water. Do not install during extreme hot or cold weather.
- Make sure that adhesive is applied to the full back of each tile using a large notch trowel (At least 1/2” notched trowel). Spread floor and also back butter the tiles like a natural stone installation. Make sure all tiles are level. Do not beat with a mallet or rubber hammer to set tiles, level your tiles using hand pressure. Remove excess adhesive from the surface with a damp cloth or sponge while it is fresh. Tiles should be cut using a sharp diamond blade in conjunction with water to avoid chipping of edges.
Note: These installation instructions are offered as guidelines only. New York Cement Tile will not be held responsible for errors, problems or issues due to installation.